Saturday, July 4, 2015

First trip comes to an end

   
  At 5:30 am. I was up and getting us ready to go. At 6 am. I got the kids up and into there seats and we hit the road.  My son had a field trip planed at his summer school and we needed to be there at 8 am.  I had opened the heater valve that I closed last week to help the coolant temperature on the way back and we were able to run 65 most of the way and stay around 200 degrees or less depending on the inclines.  We made good time and the kids napped a little on the way.

     With our first trip over I can see lots of areas that I want to work on to get us through the summer. Starting with finishing the title and registration process. I had attempted to do it earlier on the Friday before our trip but the Texas state office and the regional office didn't seen to agree on what was need to be done.  I  will have to go get one more thing before I can get it finalized.  The gal at the regional office wouldn't accept the factory gross vehicle weight rating and wanted a weight ticket from a certified scale. This I was assured by the state office that I wouldn't need to have until I have actually completed the conversion on the vehicle. Oh well, I can run it by a scale later this week.  

     I have to figure out how to get the headlights to come on only when the light switch is turned on. Right now you can not run anything else with out the headlights being on.  I assume this is a safety feature they planned for the school bus use however all it does for me is run down the battery when you only want to use something like the interior lights.  I also want to build a ice chest air cooler for the short term and get 4 more rows of seating out of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment