Friday, August 7, 2015

A U-boat?



     On the last day before the temporary tag expired I made a final trip to the title and registration office and finally got the bus title, licence and registration done along with a payment of sales tax.

     I again got the same lady who was so adamant that I go get an official scale weight for the bus before she could finalize the paperwork.  This was to my benefit however as they determined the fees of the scale weight instead of the actual Gross Vehicle Weight Rating which saved me about $400. Every other state I have worked with in the past Has always used the GVWR.

     With payment made and documents signed she handed me the plates and I immediately had a thought of WWII when I read the number.  One of the sets of numbers happens to be U99.  I have always had a interest in the great mechanical wonders of the industrial age especially  the later part considered the machine age.  Like many boys big, loud and powerful pieces of transportation are at the top of my list of interests and submarines are one of the coolest.  I instantly recalled that the U99 designation was one of the more successful U-boats in the German fleet and as a man who appreciates the machines and there engineering I thought it was pretty cool.  I have thought many times how cool it would be to have a submarine for a home just like the old classic 20,000 leagues under the sea.

Now that it's all legal I hope to get her down the road some more and start planning for the conversion.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment