Sunday, July 19, 2015

A New Campground

 
     Sunday afternoon the kids and I headed out to Lake Mineral Wells.  I had been to the lake about 6 weeks prior camping with a few people.

     The campground the kids and I went to is a little further up the lake from my previous trip but it has good shade, a decent amount of trees for hanging the hammocks and is pretty spacious.  Sunday evening my kids found some playmates from a neighboring campsite to play soccer
with.  

     This campground was overall much better maintained and the facilities where miles above the cleanliness of the last place we visited.  We even got to catch a gecko lizard while we where using them. 

     Monday morning we had our bible reading time and my daughter continued reading from genius and then I read out some from psalms.  I'm really not sure how we got on the topic but my daughter showed off her bible knowledge a bit clarifying that Jesus was not baptized in a lake but in the river. It was an interesting conversation to have with my 5 and soon to be 8 year old.  I am always in awe as they continue to reveal just how much they are learning from the kids classes at the church.

     This day was pretty relaxing overall as we did the usual go down to the beach and swim, grill some burgers and just hangout.



No comments:

Post a Comment