Sunday, July 19, 2015

Rock climbing?


     It was Tuesday and after our morning routine we packed up camp.  I find it amusing how the kids so much want to help set up camp but are so against helping the tear down process.  With some parental encouragement and a little explanation of the expectations if they wished to have an afternoon with some fun we made good progress.

     On the far end of Lake Mineral Wells Park map it says there's an area for rock climbing and we were headed to check it out.  I have heard about it from some other people in the past and hoped it would be a fun excursion for the kids.

     It's not exactly what I would call rock climbing coming from a high mountain region of the country.  The area was built up of a lot of large stone and broken rocky ledges. The maximum height was probably about 40 feet and the majority was around thirty.  There were lots of places however that the kids could challenge themselves climbing around the rocks.  I helped them up a couple of obstacles and we explored all around the area for a few hours.  We will definitely come back to this area on our next trip and let them play some more.

   
     As a side note I seem to be bad about taking pictures while on our adventures.  I will have to make a much more focused effort to do so so that I can share with all of you who choose to keep up with us.

     This past week was  my sons 5th birthday so for fun our trip of camping concluded with a trip to Dairy Queen for lunch and ice cream on the way home.  What's better than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment