Tuesday, August 25, 2015

getting things lined out.


     One afternoon while I had the kids with me we did a little clean up and started plotting our master plan.

     Yep, our master floor plan.

     We stopped at Lowe's to get a few measurement to help us space things out.  Through some fascinating discussion with to bright and funny kids we made plans for where we will make things fit.  It is a crude outline in masking tape but it will serve well as a starting point.

     I really can't wait to get that old rubber floor out of there and start the conversion.  I'm actually still very undecided on what to do for the floor.  I know I want to lay down some insulation and have seen a number of different ways people have done it and frankly have not been satisfied by any of them completely.  I have noticed that on our road trips the floor actually gets pretty warm.  Heat from the concrete, the engine, the exhaust and other factors all play a part but the floor has been hotter than the ceiling at times.  I would ultimately like to use a bed liner coating to cover it with so that it would be very durable, seamless and totaly easy to wash out.  I plan to have a pet with us eventually too.

     We made plans for the sink to be right over the wheel well on the left with the stove directly across isle on the right.  A pantry and dish cabinet to the right hand side of the stove.  A convertible seating/couch/table/bunks forward of that just past the wheel wells.  The restroom area will be to the rear of the left wheel well and I think I have figured out how to squeeze a shower in behind that and still leave enough room for the garage/tool/storage room in the rear.  I have 3 rows of seating left up front and with this lay out have decided I will remove one more set.  Then when I build the seating area I will build a section that will butt up against the second row and face backwards.  This should give us all the living room we need and plenty of passenger room for trips too.  I will definitely have those bus seats recovered in something nicer as time goes on.

     Thats just the begining of the planning stage really.  Theres still so much to plan and decide on. The window removel and replacements, the rear deck/ramp and the safari rack just to name a few.

     By God's grace it will all come togeather.




No comments:

Post a Comment